Hi, My name is Tim Berry
I’m an attorney who has been dealing with IRA and 401k issues since 1997. Main areas I help clients with are:
- Analyzing Self Directed IRA and Self Directed 401k transactions to make sure they don’t accidentally engage in a prohibited transaction.
- Fixing messed up rollovers. Its really amazing how many times IRA custodians give wrong advice and or mess what should be a simple transaction.
- Fix valuation errors with self directed IRAs and 401ks. If your custodian tells the IRS that your self directed IRA is worth more than it really is, that is going to cost you money.
- Correct reporting errors on 1099s and 1040s for IRA.
- Design an estate plan for retirement plans. Want to make sure your retirement plan assets go to who you want, and not who the government wants? You better be careful.
- Analyze their account for violations of the prohibited transaction rules and try to repair the violations. Its surprising how many tools are available to self directed IRA investors to fix a prohibited transaction. Don’t just accept a default declaration from your custodian or the IRS. A little knowledge can save you a lot of money.
- Make sure their retirement plans have asset protection (some experts might tell you all retirement plans are protected, but I’ve been hired by bankruptcy attorneys to successfully take IRA assets away)
While I’m licensed as an attorney in Washington state, I work with clients all around the country by phone, fax, and email. I typically bill by the project, not the hour. That means you don’t have to worry about any unexpected huge bill, you know exactly the amount when I start work.